Lamb Mid Loin Chops:
Cut from the portion of the loin from the 13th rib to the point of the hip bone, between the rack and rump (top end of leg). Due to the fat interspersed within the lean component, Lamb mid loin chops require longer cooking to bring out the flavour and tenderness. Cook on the BBQ, Frying Pan or in the Oven and serve with your favourite Mint Sauce for best results. Want to try something a little different ? Have a go at one of the recipes listed below.
Gordon Ramsay’s Recipe Lamb Mid Loin Chops with Chargrilled Broccoli & Bulgar Wheat Salad is a delicious healthy choice that is guarantee please the whole family and can be served on the table in approximately 30 minutes. Leftovers can be stored in a airtight container in fridge, ideal to take to work the following day. Click the link below to try this recipe.
Lamb Mid Loin Chops with Chargrilled Broccoli & Bulgar Wheat Salad:
Herb Roasted Lamb Mid Loin Chops:
- Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Prep Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 1 1/4-inch-thick lamb loin chops
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon olive oil in large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.
This recipe is taken from Epicurious:
Contact M&M Master Butchers for advice on this product here: