M & M’s Bargain $60 Meat Box
M&M Master Butchers have put together the most popular meats into their own meat box deal, saving you $$$’s. Creating M & M’s Bargain $60 Meat Box
The $60 Meat Box consists of:
1 x Marinated Butterflied Chicken
1kg Chicken Drumsticks
2 x 500g Beef Mince
500g Diced Pork
500g Diced Beef
10 Pack Beef or Pork Sausages
Gordon Ramsay’s Shepherd’s Pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 500g minced lean lamb.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 large onion, finely grated.
- 1 large carrot, finely grated.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated.
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tbsp tomato puree.
- 250ml red wine.
- Handful of thyme sprigs, leaves picked.
- 1 sprig of rosemary, needles chopped.
- 300ml chicken stock.
- 1kg Desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 50g butter.
- 2 egg yolks.
- Parmesan, grated.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan until hot. Season the mince and fry in the oil over moderate to high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir the onions and carrot into the mince then grate the garlic in as well. Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree and herbs and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in the red wine and reduce until almost completely evaporated. Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
3. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain then return to the hot pan over low heat to dry out briefly. Pass them through a potato ricer then beat in the egg yolks, followed by about 2 tbsp grated Parmesan. Check for seasoning.
4. Spoon the mince into the bottom of a large ovenproof dish. Using a large spoon, layer the mashed potato generously on top of the mince, starting from the outside and working your way into the middle. Grate some extra Parmesan over and season. Fluff up the mash potato with a fork to make rough peaks. Bake in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.