1 x 4 pack of lamb kidneys
Devilled lambs kidneys with mushrooms recipe
- 4 lambs kidneys
- 2tbsp plain flour
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- ½tsp English mustard
- few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 4tsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 50ml chicken stock
- 1tsp crème fraiche
- 1tsp parsley, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 2 slices toast
- Skin and core the kidneys with a pair of scissors.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, cayenne pepper and mustard powder. Toss the kidneys in the flour and shake off the excess.
- Preheat a frying pan; add 2tsp of the oil and the butter, fry the kidneys for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the shallots, garlic and mushrooms and sauté over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce to the pan, pour in the stock and reduce by half. Add the crème fraîche and kidneys to reheat for 1 minute and season to taste.
- Finally, add the chopped parsley an extra sprinkling of cayenne pepper and serve on hot toast