Fresh New Zealand Diced Lamb Shoulder
Fresh New Zealand diced lamb shoulder is boned out from the lamb shoulder and is cubed. Diced shoulder is great for stews, casseroles and curries. The leg meat will provide leaner pieces of meat but when trimmed of excess fat the shoulder will provide a slightly sweeter flavour. Diced lamb generally comes from the shoulder, a working muscle which makes it a less tender but a very flavourful part of the lamb nonetheless, making it the perfect cut suited to slow moist cooking methods.
Not sure on what to have for dinner? Why not try one of the two following recipes for some inspiration for dinner tonight.
Lamb Curry with Rumena Begum
Slow-Cooked Lamb Casserole
- 1 1/2 kg diced lamb
- 1 cup vegetable stock (liquid)
- 2 potat
- 1 bunch spring onion sliced
- A large quartered
- 2 carrot large quartered
- 500 g f
- 1 cup boiling water
- rozen peas and corn
- 425 g can condensed tomato soup
- 425 g Italian-style canned diced tomato
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp pepper *to taste
- 1 tsp oregano *to taste
- Dust lamb with plain flour and add sauces to slow cooker.
- Add lamb and all other ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
This recipe was taken from:
Contact M&M Master Butchers for advice on this product here: