Fresh New Zealand Diced Lamb Leg
Fresh New Zealand Diced Lamb Leg is boned out from the leg of lamb and is cubed. Diced leg is great for stews, casseroles and curries. The leg meat will provide leaner pieces of meat however is as tasty as the shoulder as it does not have the fat through it to give that added flavour.
Fantastic Lamb Curry
Mediterranean braised Lamb and Couscous
- 1 small onion , peeled and sliced
- light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 500 g quality shoulder or leg of lamb , diced into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic , peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 400 g tomato base sauce , or a 400g tin of plum tomatoes
- 400ml water
- 1 red pepper , diced
- 2 sprigs fresh basil , shredded
- FOR THE COUSCOUS
- 125 g couscous
- 150 g organic vegetable stock
- Heat a large saucepan and gently fry the onion in a little olive oil for 10 minutes. Add the diced lamb, the garlic, red pepper and tomato puree. Stir in the tomato base sauce, or tinned tomatoes, water and basil. Add salt to taste, cover with a lid or a couple of tight layers of foil, then simmer on a low heat for around 1½ hours or transfer into a deep baking tin cover with foil and finish cooking it in the oven at 150°C/300°F/gas 2 for about 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Tip the dry couscous into a serving tin. Then pour the boiling vegetable stock on to the couscous – it should just cover it. Leave to stand for 10 minutes and then fluff up with a fork just before serving.
- Serve the lamb with couscous and a mixed leaf salad.
This recipe was taken from:
Contact M&M Master Butchers for advice on this product here: