Free Range Thigh Fillets Boneless & Skinless
Free Range Thigh fillets are produced when the bones have been removed from the whole thigh. This is considered a red meat part of the chicken which has slight fat content meaning is very succulent and moist. This particular cut is perfect and generally the only cut used in a curry. However theses are excellent on the BBQ, slow cooked or in the oven and are very hard to dry out or over cook.
Chicken Tikka Masala:
Sticky poached Asian Chicken Thighs:
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- 800g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime rind
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 cup coriander sprigs
- Steamed jasmine rice and Asian greens, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
- Place chicken, Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style, fish sauce, lemongrass, lime rind and juice, sugar, garlic and ginger in a 25cm x 35xm ovenproof baking dish. Toss to coat. Roast for 1 hour, turning chicken halfway through.
- Strain cooking liquid into a medium frying pan and bring to the boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to baking dish and pour over reduced sauce.
- Switch oven to grill. Cook chicken under grill for 4 minutes. Baste and grill for another 4 minutes or until sauce is sticky.
- Serve chicken with steamed rice, Asian greens and lime wedges and sprinkle with coriander.
Tips for handling and cooking Chicken:
- Make sure you defrost/store in the fridge on the bottom shelf to prevent leakage. Do not defrost in the mircowave or bench as the chicken will reach a unsafe temperature.
- Avoid cross-contamination by using separate utensils until cooked. Once cooked do not use utensils that were used prior to cooking unless they have been washed thoroughly.
- Cook chicken to atleast 75˚C, use a meat thermometer and insert into this thickest part of the chicken insuring you have reach the desired temperature.
- Make sure there is no blood when your cut into it and the juices are clear.
This recipe was used from:
Contact M&M Master Butchers for advice on this product here: