Fresh Chicken Tenderloins
Chicken Tenderloins are attached to the chicken breast. These strips of white meat are located on either side of the breastbone, under the breast meat. Tenderloins are easy to cook and are perfect for getting the kids in the kitchen by making tortilla wraps. Try them on the BBQ, deep frying or oven in the for best results.
Fried Chicken Tenders
Chicken Tenderloin Wrap:
- Total time: 20 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 slice Lebanese bread
- 3 pieces chicken tenderloin,
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Tomato, sliced
Spread a thin layer mayonnaise over the Lebanese bread.
Lay slices of chicken tenderloin or schnitzel down the middle of the wrap.
Top with lettuce and tomato.
Roll wrap tightly.
Tips for handling and cooking Chicken:
- Make sure you defrost/store in the fridge on the bottom shelf to prevent leakage. Do not defrost in the mircowave or bench as the chicken will reach a unsafe temperature.
- Avoid cross-contamination by using separate utensils until cooked. Once cooked do not use utensils that were used prior to cooking unless they have been washed thoroughly.
- Cook chicken to atleast 75˚C, use a meat thermometer and insert into this thickest part of the chicken insuring you have reach the desired temperature.
- Make sure there is no blood when your cut into it and the juices are clear
This recipe is from Lifestyle food:
Contact M & M Master Butchers for advice on this: