Chicken Breast Mince
Chicken breast mince is a lean alternative to red meat mince, containing less fat than beef or lamb mince. On average our chicken mince contains around 5% fat and 95% chicken breast compared with beef mince that is generally around 20% fat. The nutritional benefits include a good supply of protein, essential vitamins and minerals, cholesterol control, blood pressure control are some to name a few. Chicken mince is a perfect entree served as mini meatballs or rissoles.
Perfect Chicken Mince Meatballs:
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 bacon shortcuts, sliced
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- In a lidded pan, heat the butter and fry the chicken, bacon and mushrooms until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the rice and stir until grains are glossy and transparent.
- Pour the wine in and simmer for 2 mins.
- Add stock and stir. Place lid on and turn heat to low. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir parmesan through and serve with extra parmesan.
Tips for handling and cooking Chicken:
- Make sure you defrost/store in the fridge on the bottom shelf to prevent leakage. Do not defrost in the mircowave or bench as the chicken will reach a unsafe temperature.
- Avoid cross-contamination by using separate utensils until cooked. Once cooked do not use utensils that were used prior to cooking unless they have been washed thoroughly.
- Cook chicken to atleast 75˚C, use a meat thermometer and insert into this thickest part of the chicken insuring you have reach the desired temperature.
- Make sure there is no blood when your cut into it and the juices are clear.
This recipe was taken from:
Contact M&M Master Butchers for advice on this product here: